Under the direction of the Communications Manager, the Youth Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Technical Youth Career Outreach Project (TYCOP). The TYCOP program aims to inform First Nations students about the various technical careers that exist and how they can achieve success in these critical areas. We focus on empowering First Nations students and creating a passion for the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, math) through cultural training, workshops, and mentorship.
- Work in collaboration with the Communications Manager in calculating and monitoring project budget.
- Coordinate and monitor project timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Work in collaboration with the Communications Manager to initiate and coordinate all efforts to publicize the program and events.
- Establish relationships and connections with Indigenous educators and schools across Ontario.
- Plan, organize and coordinate TYCOP related events and activities.
- Research and purchase promotional items for the project.
- Responsible for the coordination of all TYCOP event logistics (event registration, print material, room set-up and tear down, attendee accommodations and travel, catering, decor, audio visual, entertainment, event/meeting equipment, promotional materials etc.)
- Attend external events to promote the TYCOP initiative.
- Conduct post-event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Outreach, liaise with, and recruit TYCOP Mentors/Role Models and Indigenous youth.
- Social media management and website updates as required.
- Assist in any other special requests from the Executive Director or Communications Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in event planning/communications
- Post-Secondary diploma required in Event Planning, Communications, Education and/or related field
- G license and vehicle for travel
- Demonstrate flexibility and willing to work outside of work hours as needed for special events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and/or within a team on several projects concurrently with little supervision
- MS Office and Google platform proficiency
- Ability to remain calm and personable in stressful situations
- Other duties as assigned
Come join our growing
• • • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please mark clearly the upload as “Youth Outreach Coordinator” and upload your cover letter and resume with the attachment labeled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Youthoutreach2022]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.